You're a talented software engineer who wants to help change the world & be part of a strong technical team.
ControlShift Labs is hiring a software engineer to support the improvement and continued development of our product that millions of people have used to fight for change in their communities. You will own features from concept to deployment, help shape product strategy and push for technical excellence.
We're excited about supporting a shift in how advocacy organizations are using the internet to organize -- and building tools that empower ordinary activists in extraordinary ways.
We're pragmatic about the technologies we use in our work but at the moment our stack includes ruby, rails, rspec, postgres, redis, sass and haml. We practice test driven development, hold daily team stand-ups, and use an agile inspired process.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end development of new product features from idea to live product.
- Learn from our customers about their work through our weekly calls and in-person gatherings, and use that knowledge to craft a product that is responsive to their needs.
- Respond to bug reports written by non-technical users with compassion. Everyone on our team shares the customer support burden.
- Flexible to changing requirements and a willingness to take on whatever work is needed - we're a small team and everyone inevitably wears a few different hats.
- We love open source.
- We care deeply about creating a more fair, just and progressive world -- and empowering ordinary people to take & lead action in their communities.
- We're a distributed team where everyone works remotely. Work from anywhere with high speed internet, and meet up in awesome places every ~4-6 months. The next one is in Sao Paulo. The existing team is based in North and South America so overlap with those timezones is a plus.
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, generous paid vacation time, opportunities for travel, paid parental leave, and a flexible work environment.
- We're a small, profitable and bootstrapped team that is as committed to the social impact of our work as technical excellence. We pay competitive salaries.
We believe that diversity of ideas and perspectives makes our products and the movements that we serve stronger. We are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace, where all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religious affiliation, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or physical handicap.