WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
In this position you will be joining our Studio, the content production platform within DMD, with other skilled front-end and web developers in Austin or Santa Monica to build and extend our collection of web apps, used by our owned and operated sites as well as content partnerships.
- Building, tweaking and extending web applications
- Use your creative and professional judgment to resolve design and technical challenges within aggressive timelines
- Work on multiple concurrent projects in different phases of completion, from conception through launch / release
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years web application development (mobile web is a plus).
- Knowledge of and/or some experience with one or more languages: Python, PHP, ASP, Ruby, JSP, AJAX, HTML5, ActionScript
- Passion for designing highly usable user interfaces and keeping up with latest internet and design trends
- Strong knowledge with HTML and CSS (Responsive Web Design is a plus) to create table-less websites that adhere to web standards.
- Familiarity with development in a LAMP environment.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Experience building upon existing APIs, both internal (JSON, XML, RSS) and 3rd party (Twitter, Flickr, Facebook).
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration.
- Please provide examples of past UI development work or sample applications that demonstrate your UI development skills and be prepared for a small take-home project. If you have a GitHub account or similar, definitely include that with your application.
About Demand Media
Demand Media informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Austin, Texas or Remote
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs