In this position you will be joining our Studio, the content production platform within DMD, with other skilled front-end and web developers in Austin or Santa Monica to build and extend our collection of web apps, used by our owned and operated sites as well as content partnerships.
- Building, tweaking and extending web applications
- Use your creative and professional judgment to resolve design and technical challenges within aggressive timelines
- Work on multiple concurrent projects in different phases of completion, from conception through launch / release
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years web application development (mobile web is a plus).
- Knowledge of and/or some experience with one or more languages: Python, PHP, ASP, Ruby, JSP, AJAX, HTML5, ActionScript
- Passion for designing highly usable user interfaces and keeping up with latest internet and design trends
- Strong knowledge with HTML and CSS (Responsive Web Design is a plus) to create table-less websites that adhere to web standards.
- Familiarity with development in a LAMP environment.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Experience building upon existing APIs, both internal (JSON, XML, RSS) and 3rd party (Twitter, Flickr, Facebook).
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration.
- Please provide examples of past UI development work or sample applications that demonstrate your UI development skills and be prepared for a small take-home project. If you have a GitHub account or similar, definitely include that with your application.
About Demand Media
Demand Media informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!