Site5 is a shared, reseller, cloud, and VPS web hosting company with a worldwide team, and we are looking to hire some great people to help support our growing company. We have the bulk of our staff in the USA but also have staff in the UK, India, Serbia, Uruguay, Canada, Portugal, Australia, Romania, and more! We have a lot of room for growth in the company in technical positions, systems positions, project based positions, management positions, software development, and customer service for those that excel in working with customers. In the last few years we have doubled in size and are continuing to grow very quickly.
Site5 is seeking a full-time Level 2 System Administrator to join our team. The chosen candidate will be working from home, within our amazing Support team.
The schedule is Wednesday through Sunday 10AM-6PM US Eastern Tme
This position has the following basic requirements:
- Administrator experience with cPanel/WHM
- Ability to determine errors from various log files
- Critical problem solving skills
- Fluent in written English. Spoken English is not as important, but we prefer it
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to Multitask
- General knowledge of the web hosting industry
- Reliable Internet Connection
- Fast Typer : 40WPM+
In addition to meeting the above requirements, you should be experienced in using and managing some of the services below in a production environment:
- MySQL / Percona
- SSH / Command Line experience
We do not require that you know all of the above when you start, but the more you know, the better. It is more important that you have a desire to learn and expand your knowledge.
Some examples of the tasks you will be doing:
- Handling escalated technical support issues
- Solving website errors, such as 500 Internal Sever Error, Ruby on Rails errors, Website Performance, etc.
- Investigating email errors. Why an email did not get delivered, or why it is delayed, mailbox problems
- Reviewing various log files to determine and correct any errors, particularly Apache and Exim logs
- Determine how a website got exploited, how to fix it, and explaining it to the customer
- Work on various Abuse issues such as spamming, phishing and compromised accounts
- Bring up urgent server problems to the on duty Support Manager
Additional Skills Desired
- Managing cPanel servers (as root)
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Mod_Security experience
- Solid experience with Content Management Systems, such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento and others
- A passing score on cPanel University's Base Technical Exam
Why should you work at Site5?
Site5 is a well-established company with over 10 years of experience in the web hosting industry and more than 350,000 websites hosted. Our team consists of 95 people and growing!
Here are a few other reasons you will enjoy working for Site5:
- Your input and suggestions matter, and we encourage them. We want to be told when there is a better way to do something.
- We encourage learning new skills and will pay for the books to help. We want you to grow and move up in the company. Your success is our success!
- You'll be part of an amazing Customer Service team
- You will be working from the comfort of your home anywhere in the world!
- We are a company with under 100 team members and have some great opportunities to move up and further your career!
- All team members receive 20 days of paid time off per year and increases to 25 days after three years.
- Health/dental/vision insurance is available to US employees.
- Variety of problems to solve.
- You will get to work with a lot of talented people