Site5 is a shared, reseller, cloud, and VPS web hosting company with a worldwide team, and we are looking to hire some great people to help support our growing company. We have the bulk of our staff in the USA but also have staff in the UK, India, Serbia, Uruguay, Canada, Portugal, Australia, Romania, and more! We have a lot of room for growth in the company in technical positions, systems positions, project based positions, management positions, software development, and customer service for those that excel in working with customers. In the last few years we have doubled in size and are continuing to grow very quickly.
Site5 is seeking a full-time Level 1 Support Specialist to join our team. The chosen candidate will be working from home within our amazing Support team.
The schedule is Saturday through Wednesday 10AM-6PM US Eastern Tme
This position has the following basic requirements:
- Customer facing experience with cPanel
- Ability to find patterns through reported errors
- Critical problem solving skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to Multitask
- A working headset and a mic
- A reliable internet connection
- General knowledge of the web hosting industry
- Fast Typer : 40WPM+
In addition to meeting the above requirements, you should be experienced and understand the following :
- DNS Records and various errors related to them
- Email services and how they work
- How websites run on the internet
- FTP and how to manage files for websites
- We do not require that you know all of the above when you start, but the more you know, the better. It is more important that you have a desire to learn and expand your knowledge.
Some examples of the tasks you will be doing:
- Handling all first contacts with customers
- Solving website errors, determining what is causing them
- Investigating email errors. Why an email did not get delivered, or why it is delayed, mailbox problems
- Field sales questions
- Gather information from reported errors and escalating the issue
- Answer queries from customers via Phone, Live Chat or Tickets
- Bring up urgent server problems to the on duty Support Manager
- Determine patterns from reported errors
Additional Skills Desired
- Administrator experience with cPanel/WHM
- Command Line skills
- Familiarity with various Email, FTP and Website publishing applications.
- Solid experience with Content Management Systems, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento and others
- Previous Live Chat Support experience
- A passing score on cPanel University's Basic Sales Exam
Why should you work at Site5?
Site5 is a well-established company with over 10 years of experience in the web hosting industry and more than 350,000 websites hosted. Our team consists of 95 people and growing!
Here are a few other reasons you will enjoy working for Site5:
- Your input and suggestions matter, and we encourage them. We want to be told when there is a better way to do something.
- We encourage learning new skills and will pay for the books to help. We want you to grow and move up in the company. Your success is our success!
- You'll be part of an amazing Customer Service team
- You will be working from the comfort of your home anywhere in the world!
- We are a company with under 100 team members and have some great opportunities to move up and further your career!
- All team members receive 20 days of paid time off per year and increases to 25 days after three years.
- Health/dental/vision insurance is available to US employees.
Variety of problems to solve.
- You will get to work with a lot of talented people