Pigeonly builds technology products for the overlooked and underserved. To date we've launched two products that address and solve communication barriers between inmates and their support network of family and friends.
We’re a small team of creative rebels (currently 10-15 people) and have a flat and open structure. We have a collaborative culture built on hacking ideas, code, and business models. We're looking for additional trouble makers to join our team who enjoy solving huge problems, disrupting archaic industries, and are not afraid to dream big.
About the Role
The Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and implementing the overall visual design of Pigeonly's products. Though the role mainly consists of product design the ideal candidate must be comfortable designing or translating product design into other areas such as: website designs, mobile website designs, email marketing material, logos, banners, and other graphical elements to ensure a unified and cohesive experience.
Designer must be excellent at user experience, user interface, and visual design as well as have a personal design ethos for simple and beautiful design.
The Designer will work very closely with the executive team (CXO and CTO) in developing ideal and authentic product design approaches for our unique market.
- Experience producing (from concept to completion) high quality, aesthetically pleasing user interfaces with an emphasis on mobile first designs.
- Design, build, refine, and test UI mockups for new and existing designs - includes everything from icon to application design.
- Ability to visualize the users' needs and translate them into great designs.
- Open to feedback in the design process to obtain the best solution for the customer.
- Laser focused detail on user experience throughout the design and development process.
- Though it’s not necessary for the Designer to code, familiarity with development and how that may or may not impact your designs is required.
- Experience working with templating engines and libraries to execute on designs.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
- Familiarity with responsive design trends and the ability to implement them.
- Passionate about design, UI/UX, and maintaining design integrity in the development process.
- Be informed of latest developments in the design and technology world to keep the company’s vision and branding up to date and in line or even ahead of its peers.
- Open to finding (and researching) solutions to design or front-end engineering issues that may arise and realizing the necessity of this skill in the product development lifecycle.
- At least 5 years experience as a design professional.