WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Job type: Full time
Location: Cambridge UK, Montreal CA, or Home Based
We are currently looking to expand our team and are seeking a talented engineer to lead our quality assurance efforts. The successful candidates will be required to interact directly with clients to understand and solve their technical problems, take a leadership role internally in the QA domain, implementing solutions directly as well as leading others, and contribute a strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction to secure Collabora's technical leadership in the market.
This role presents an exciting challenge for a Principal Engineer with a proven track record in open source projects, who is interested in working with worldwide coverage at a software consultancy on innovative services around open source methodologies.
- Discussing technology with clients and represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership at QA in the open source arena.
- Analysing client problems and designing solutions with appropriate testing approaches, leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise.
- Defining and scoping client projects, quality metrics and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the delivery team.
- Building and managing a global team of QA engineers to implement a quality-driven approach to both client and open source projects.
- Design and implementation of QA and testing systems and processes, both manual and automated.
- Supporting other Collabora engineers worldwide with understanding quality assurance and testing methodologies.
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets.
Critical Success Factors:
- Development of strong relationships with key personnel and decision makers at customers.
- Solid knowledge of Collabora's service and key personnel.
- Reliable and timely delivery of quality solutions to clients and internal R&D customers.
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices.
- Ability to work in a global context with clients and engineers spanning continents.
- Knowledge of customers’ organization, management, product, target market, applications and decision making internal process.
Technical Skills / Experience:
- Proven track record of experience in software consultancy is essential
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals is essential.
- BS/BA or extensive experience in the role of QA Engineer.
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of quality assurance and testing concepts, including continuous integration, unit testing, regression testing, code coverage.
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community.
- Demonstrable significant contributions to components in the open source quality assurance domain.
- Previous experience in managing or mentoring teams is highly preferable.
- Highly self motivated, reliable with a demonstrable passionfor software quality.
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora's services, business model, project delivery lifecycle and other related technical domains.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work and communicate in an online distributed environment.
- Capacity to travel often and worldwide.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs