Would designing a network from the ground up, be your ideal job?
Are you always informed and recommending new platforms or technologies?
Are you a 'get it done and do it right the first time' kind of person?
Is a flexible work schedule with a work from home option, something you have been searching for?
We are looking to add an Network Architect to our Engineering team that will provide expert technical planning, guidance and troubleshooting for our external transit and internal service networks.The Network Architect is responsible for designing new networks, redesigning existing networks, choosing appropriate network hardware, and identifying equipment and designs needing upgrades to provide for increased capacity, responsiveness, and resiliency. Our network is a service provider's network which requires zero downtime and undergoes constant change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and redefine the network architecture for new and existing services
- Establish best practices and policies for network design to guide other network engineers in their decision making
- Manage bandwidth across multiple backbone transit providers
- Develop systems for monitoring and measuring network performance
- Plan and manage infrastructure upgrades
- Lead projects and project teams
- Work directly with and make recommendation to top business leaders and decision makers
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of complex network problems
- Mentor network engineers on network architecture, routing decisions, hardware internals, and overall design
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive Cisco and Juniper hardware experience
- Expert understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Experience managing BGP connections to multiple external providers
- Experience with eBGP/iBGP, STP, OSPF, VRRP, and SFlow
- Experience with network configuration management systems
- Ability to describe and diagram networks through words and drawings
- Advanced knowledge of standard cloud and service provider network topologies
- Advanced knowledge of load balancing technologies
- Advanced knowledge of firewalls
- Knowledge of L2 and L3 tunneling technologies
- Project management
- Ability to meet defined deadlines
- Desire to mentor and grow team members
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Clear and concise communications skills both written and oral
- Linux routing experience
- Linux network profiling and analysis
- Network throughput tuning
Technically talented teams. A variety of challenging projects. Standard business hours that allow for an enjoyable work/life balance. And, the ability to contribute! This is what you can look forward to if you join our team. This position also offers a generous 401k profit-sharing plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and paid time off (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s!).