WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
RightScale, Inc. is seeking a unique individual for the position of Cloud Solutions Architect.
At RightScale, the Cloud Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring the success of RightScale’s customers deploying their applications to the cloud using our cloud management technology.
The Windows Cloud Solutions Architect duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Profile customer use cases and solicit requirements necessary to support deploying and maintaining solutions.
- Decompose applications into roles and subsystems, identify interfaces and dependencies.
- Propose scalable and sustainable solutions to deliver highly available applications across multiple cloud providers and client existing infrastructure.
- Translate customer requirements into clearly defined tasks that can be executed by customer and/or RightScale PS implementation teams.
- Create solution architecture diagrams and document proposed solutions into work plans.
- Create detailed estimates for the hours of effort required for Professional Services to deliver projects.
- Collaborate across teams on detailed technical requirements, implementation approaches and problem solving.
- Participate in hands-on innovation and R&D prototyping.
- Interfacing with Product Management and Engineering teams; translate requirements, usability and support observations into enhancement requests.
The ideal candidate has the following skills & experience:
- 10+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect, senior Systems Engineer or Operations lead
- Cloud concepts, Web Services and API's (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure)
- Deep knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 installation, configuration and systems administration
- Deploying and administering .NET-based Cloud solutions
- Expert OS automation using Windows PowerShell and packaging IIS-based applications with Web Deploy (msdeploy)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 database deployment and administration
- High availability, scalability and performance optimization (e.g. distributed deployments, HTTP traffic Load balancing, content caching, Principal-Mirror database replication, sharding)
- Identity and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, OpenID, oAuth and SAML)
Education & Certifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is requested
- Technical development or systems engineering qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Technical architecture qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM)
All applicants are expected to possess the following skills:
- Familiarity with the RightScale management platform
- Self-starter and self-managing work style; Capable of working from home or remote locations without direct supervision
- Be available for business travel and partial mobility as customer projects require
- Open minded, flexible and adaptable to changing opportunities
- Motivated to work in a growing company; interested in developing the business
- Continual learning and skills development to maintain technical currency
- Client facing and commercially aware
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs