RightScale are the leaders of Cloud computing management. The Professional Services team integrates Clouds and deploys applications across a wide variety of Cloud providers and platforms. We are seeking to hire a talented and experienced Cloud Deployment Engineer to join our global team in a variety of company and remote locations. We use our technical experience and coaching skills to ensure projects are a success when delivered by RightScale, our customers or our partners.
The Cloud Deployment Engineer duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a subject matter expert for Cloud deployments and solutions
- Lead the technical implementation of portable multi-Cloud application deployments
- Coaching customer and partner teams to ensure success and best practices
- Collaborate with Customer teams to build and onboard Private Cloud platforms
- Work with RightScale's Support team to assist with technical queries and troubleshooting
The ideal candidate has the following skills & experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience providing consulting, installation, software deployment and customer support.
- Cloud concepts, Web Services and API's (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, HP, Google Compute Engine and SoftLayer)
- Strong OS automation using Ruby, Chef and Bash/shell scripting
- Deploying and configuring customer applications based upon PHP, Ruby-on-Rails, Python and Java.
- Linux systems administration and package deployment (specifically CentOS, Ubuntu, RHEL and SUSE)
- Database deployment and administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle)
- High availability, scalability and performance optimization (e.g. distributed deployments, HTTP traffic load balancing, content caching, master-slave database replication, memcached, database sharding)
- Cloud management software (CloudStack, OpenStack or Eucalyptus)
- Networking configuration (I.P, routing, VLANs, VPN's)
Identity and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, OpenID, oAuth and SAML)
- Secure engineering practices + systems hardening
- Experience of working in an Agile engineering environment
Education & Certifications:
- Familiarity with the RightScale management platform
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is requested
- Technical development or systems engineering qualifications such as Red Hat Certified Engineer.
All applicants are expected to possess the following skills:
- Self-starter and self-managing work style; Capable of working from home or remote locations without direct supervision
- Be available for business travel and partial mobility as customer projects require
- Open minded, flexible and adaptable to changing opportunities
- Motivated to work in a growing company; interested in developing the business
- Continual learning and skills development to maintain technical currency
- Client facing and commercially aware
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.