WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
RightScale are the leaders of Cloud computing management. The Professional Services team integrates Clouds and deploys applications across a wide variety of Cloud providers and platforms. We are seeking to hire a talented and experienced Cloud Deployment Engineer to join our global team in a variety of company and remote locations. We use our technical experience and coaching skills to ensure projects are a success when delivered by RightScale, our customers or our partners.
The Cloud Deployment Engineer duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a subject matter expert for Cloud deployments and solutions
- Lead the technical implementation of portable multi-Cloud application deployments
- Coaching customer and partner teams to ensure success and best practices
- Collaborate with Customer teams to build and onboard Private Cloud platforms
- Work with RightScale's Support team to assist with technical queries and troubleshooting
The ideal candidate has the following skills & experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience providing consulting, installation, software deployment and customer support.
- Cloud concepts, Web Services and API's (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, HP, Google Compute Engine and SoftLayer)
- Strong OS automation using Ruby, Chef and Bash/shell scripting
- Deploying and configuring customer applications based upon PHP, Ruby-on-Rails, Python and Java.
- Linux systems administration and package deployment (specifically CentOS, Ubuntu, RHEL and SUSE)
- Database deployment and administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle)
- High availability, scalability and performance optimization (e.g. distributed deployments, HTTP traffic load balancing, content caching, master-slave database replication, memcached, database sharding)
- Cloud management software (CloudStack, OpenStack or Eucalyptus)
- Networking configuration (I.P, routing, VLANs, VPN's)
Identity and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, OpenID, oAuth and SAML)
- Secure engineering practices + systems hardening
- Experience of working in an Agile engineering environment
Education & Certifications:
- Familiarity with the RightScale management platform
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is requested
- Technical development or systems engineering qualifications such as Red Hat Certified Engineer.
All applicants are expected to possess the following skills:
- Self-starter and self-managing work style; Capable of working from home or remote locations without direct supervision
- Be available for business travel and partial mobility as customer projects require
- Open minded, flexible and adaptable to changing opportunities
- Motivated to work in a growing company; interested in developing the business
- Continual learning and skills development to maintain technical currency
- Client facing and commercially aware
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs