Fire Engine RED is currently seeking a Software Architect to drive the design and architecture of new SaaS products and features for our college and university clients. You will be responsible for providing technical direction and contributing through hands-on development of key product deliverables.
This role will work within our Design & Innovation division on company software products. This is a full-time, 100% telecommute position. U.S. based applicants only.
About Fire Engine RED
Founded in 2001, Fire Engine RED is an innovative marketing, technology, and data solutions company that serves the education market.
We have five divisions that reflect our company’s expertise: Student Search, Fireworks CRM, Software Products, Creative Services, and Big Data.
In 2011, Inc. Magazine named Fire Engine RED one of the country’s “Top Small Company Workplaces” for our talented team, innovative company culture, and core values.
We are a 100% virtual company. This allows us to seek top talent regardless of geographic location.
- 3+ years leading the design and architecture of web-based software applications.
- 10+ years web application development and software engineering experience.
- 5+ years experience with LAMP and developing PHP applications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, design patterns, and MVC.
- Relational database design experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar.
- Experience designing, building, and documenting web services APIs.
- Experience developing large-scale, high-traffic, and secure SaaS applications.
- Experience building CRM applications or components is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development and/or test-driven development methodologies.
- Knowledge of multiple modern PHP frameworks such as Zend, Symfony, CakePHP, Laravel, etc.
- Knowledge of Ajax, REST, Memcached, and Solr.
- Ability to translate business and functional requirements into development tasks.
- Experience documenting technical specifications for software applications.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with remote team members.
- Are self-motivated and passionate about technology.
- Have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and are up to date on current trends.
- Have the ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-paces enviorment.
- Like to work in a small group dynamic.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Have a passion for clean and functional code with crazy attention to detail.
- Are a clear communicator.
- Manage your time efficiently and prioritize logically.
Demonstrated development experience is a must for this position — you will be tested on your skills as part of the interview process.
Unfortunately, candidates that do not demonstrate these capabilities will not be considered for this position.
Direct applicants only – No 3rd-party recruiters or staffing firms please.