Are you ready for your next big challenge? eFolder has an immediate need for an experienced Linux DevOps team member. We are growing exponentially—join our passionate team as we deliver mission-critical cloud services to businesses worldwide and help thousands of channel partners build successful businesses based on the services we deliver.
You will be responsible for designing and maintaining our technology stack that powers our large-scale cloud services, designing our systems to handle growth of many orders of magnitude quickly.
NOTE: This is a remote position based out of a home office.
Reporting to the VP of IT and Engineering, you will:
- Set up, configure, and maintain our Linux and Unix systems.
- Automate provisioning, updating, and de-provisioning of systems, VMs, accounts, and software.
- Develop scripts, programs, and ancillary tools to facilitate the systems and network administration tasks in the department.
- Work with the team to recommend hardware, software, and networking equipment.
- Help plan for future growth.
- Help improve corporate standards for Unix deployment, security, and maintenance.
- Enhance security, auditing, and logging systems.
- Perform deep dives into the kernel and I/O subsystem to troubleshoot issues and to diagnose and optimize performance
- Work effectively in our multi-OS environment, where Windows servers are sometimes part of the picture.
- Maintain our gold-standard uptime and our no data ever lost track record.
Desired skills and experience:
- You have managed large Linux/Unix installations (500 OS instances or larger preferred)
- You have used configuration management tools such as puppet, chef, cfengine, and the like
- You have experience with multiple VLANs and similar networking.
- You have worked with systems that scale horizontally (OpenStack, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- You are excellent at writing shell scripts and using other languages to achieve automation (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- You have excellent systems administrator habits, working carefully to avoid mistakes
- You have significant experience with multiple types of Unix (for example, Linux, FreeBSD, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, etc.)
- You have a keen mind for security.
- You are deeply familiar with the way the Linux kernel manages memory and I/O, and can engage at a deep level when kernel-level or performance issues arise, without assistance from third parties
- You have experience with various virtualization tools used in Linux
- You have experience with NFS versions 3 and 4
- You are confident leveraging the best software systems and tools, or developing your own, to drive scale and security through cloud automation
- Above all, you are aligned with eFolder’s values of exceeding expectations, absolute integrity, exceptional reliability, compassionate service, and continuous innovation, and will be passionate about eFolder’s mission to provide peace of mind by protecting business productivity
Location: This position is part of a team that is 100% telecommuting, we will consider engineers in any location. Must have exceptional work ethic with little oversight required to be productive.
eFolder™ provides an award-winning suite of data protection services, distributed exclusively through our network of partners. The eFolder solution empowers you to offer branded cloud file sync, data backup, business continuity, and email security solutions to your clients. We offer unique technology, proven reliability, tight integration with industry leaders, and a robust partner program with a focus on relationships and working together.
Designed from the ground up for managed service providers, VARs, and OEMs, our solutions let you easily enter the rapidly growing cloud backup, business continuity, and email security markets, providing valuable services while generating profitable recurring revenue. Using the proven eFolder technology and cloud infrastructure, you can offer our award-winning services under your own valuable brand.
Related Keywords: Linux, Unix, shell scripting, shell script, Perl, Python, Ruby, NFS, NFS 3, NFS 4, systems administrator, Unix administrator, Linux administrator