WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
As a Cloud Services Engineer, you will be deploying some of the world's largest and most efficient cloud infrastructures. We are looking for resources that can work with our customers to deploy both public and private cloud services. If you like working with customers and if you want to see today's most exciting technologies being implemented at scale, you can be part of a small team of the world's leading cloud experts. Key project work will be completed on customer sites, the desired candidate is expected to travel approximately 50% of their time, international travel possible.
In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed cloud computing environments, or hosting services.
- Detailed understanding of Layer 2 / Layer 3 networking and troubleshooting
- Hands on with Amazon Web Services
- Hands on switch configuration experience (Arista / Cisco)
- VLANs bridging and low level understanding of networking concepts
- UNIX/Linux internals
- Virtualization platform experience (KVM / Qemu / Xen / VMware)
- Basic shell scripting with a focus on troubleshooting
- Ruby / Python a plus
- Ubuntu / Debian Packaging Experience
- Operational knowledge of MySQL and Message Queueing
- Creating and maintaining complete and accurate customer documentation
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of major incidents
- Distributed computing
- Data Center deployment experience
- Data Center networking
- Understanding of storage technology, SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI, ZFS is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with OpenStack Nova and Swift (ideal)
- Automation - Chef or Puppet a plus
- Configuration management concepts and tools
- Monitoring systems design, configuration, and operation e.g. Nagios, Zabbix, Collectd, Splunk.
- Diverse technical skill set with desire to learn and grow that diversity
Client Management Requirements:
- Desire to work and interface with external clients
- Ability to travel up to 50% the time
- Participation in on-call rotation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication capabilities
- Constantly deliver top level customer support
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Can context shift, make decisions and act while working with customers
- Experience working with Cross functional organizational groups
- Must be comfortable communicating with IT developers, architects, and managers as well as with business SMEs, managers and executives.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs