WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Circonus operations team members focus on operating high performance, resilient systems to power telemetry analysis systems around the globe. Our SRE role touches systems, code, and customers to ensure Circonus customers have an good, fast and always-on experience. The old adage "your monitoring system only has to be more reliable than your production systems" takes on daunting meaning in the realm of SaaS monitoring. As an SRE you will be working inside the software engineering group in a DevOps culture -- though you're unlikely to hear that word on the job.
- Install, upgrade, and manage systems powering Circonus SaaS infrastructure.
- Install, upgrade, and manage systems powering customer infrastructure running Circonus software.
- Troubleshoot availability and performance issues.
- Diagnose production issues and perform front-line remediation.
- Communicate with management and customers regarding aberrant systems behavior.
- Participate in an on-call schedule.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Linux (RHEL or CentOS), OmniOS or other Illumos
- Chef or similar automation system.
- Strong networking knowledge: firewalls, TCP & UDP, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Understanding of Circonus or other monitoring system
- Familiarity leveraging REST and REST-like APIs for operations tasks
- UNIX troubleshooting skills: tcpdump/snoop, strace/truss, DTrace, ktap/systemtap, etc.
- Fluency in one or more of the Git, Subversion or Mercurial version control systems
This is fabulous opportunity to get in on the ground floor as Circonus initially builds our its SRE team. If you've read the book "Web Operations" and were inspired by the first chapter about careers... just remember Theo Schlossnagle founded Circonus.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs