Senior UX Designer needed for explosive EduTech startup!
At HLT, we empower students by creating the most innovative, captivating and successful mobile education platform. We aim to transform the lives of students by giving them the knowledge and confidence they need to turn their dreams into reality.
With high customer satisfaction and integrity, each worker’s progress contributes to a direct and quantifiable impact on our 500,000+ users. We want someone who is able to handle an organized and cohesive workflow with the flexibility to work on projects that challenge you.
HLT designs and builds apps using modern web and mobile technologies with a focus on user centered design. We operate as a distributed and highly collaborative team organized around an agile framework.
Please provide samples of your work along with your resume.
- Work with Product Managers, Developers and client stakeholders to ensure that what we're designing meets the needs of the end user
- Effectively communicate user interaction through deliverables such as wireframes and prototypes
- Wireframe and mockup user interfaces with your design application of choice or in the browser (when appropriate)
- Design web and mobile application interfaces and interactions
- Actively participate in design critiques/reviews and product discussions
- Think deeply about the user experience and usability issues
- Build out your designs inside MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Communicate design requirements to developers and QA the implementation
- Quick on your feet, able to multitask and reply in a very timely manner
- Ability to design exceptional user interfaces and guide them to the finish line
- Experience designing for iOS, Android and web apps
- Passion for working with people to provide a great user experience
- Proficient in writing HTML, CSS
- A propensity for getting things done whether you're working autonomously or in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain your design decisions
- Self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Brownie points for experience...
- Working in an agile based project management framework
- Designing educational apps
- Branding and graphic design
- Working with Git
- Setting up and interpreting A/B tests
- Conducting user tests and customer interviews
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
- Competitive salary
- Health stipend, gym reimbursement + cell phone plan
- Equipment stipend
- Unlimited work related books + other resources
- Opportunity to learn and work alongside the best in the industry
- Remote work capabilities
If this sounds like it's right up your alley and you want to work alongside some incredibly talented and passionate engineers and designers, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and tell us why you are the perfect fit for this position. We are a distributed team and welcome the potential of working remotely as long as you live in the United States.