Skarpline is looking for a strong web application developer to join our back-end team. We seek to develop an all-star team, and you’d be working with a remote team of really great designers and developers.
As a back-end developer, you’re at the absolute edge of what there is to know about C# and .NET. You are expected to write clean, maintainable code and advocate for best practices and exceptional quality. You have startup-up experience and are familiar with Git, AWS and similar cloud technologies.
We’re developing a tool that allows real-time communication on any file, link or integration you add to Skarpline. We’re integrating with Dropbox, Google docs, Trello and many more leading cloud apps. We’re a startup with six people spread across Europe and Asia seeking to expand. This is an exciting opening for a remote position, and we prefer people able to work European business hours.
What we look for in our next employee:
- You have start-up experience
- You have code on GitHub you’re proud of
- You have 5+ years of back-end development experience.
- You have superb skills in C# and .NET Framework
- You have experience developing/building web apps for high availability and scalability
- You have a proven success working with non-engineers. We’re front-end & design heavy.
- You can choose wisely between server-side and client-side code
- You have experience with ASP.NET Web Forms, Entity Framework, and LINQ
- You have experience with AWS
- You have experience with MVC architecture
- You are passionate about the tools you use, contribute to them, or create new ones.
- You have experience with Git (we use Bitbucket)
- You can work remotely and from European business hours.
- You have a high level of discipline and can manage your own time.
- You are a hard worker and don’t stop until each project is bug-less
- You’re a good communicator. Working remotely requires good communication skills.
- You are nice. We are ;-)
- Strong contributor to the open source environment
- Strong interest in front-end and design
- Great contributions on StackOverflow or similar
- Experience with mobile development, desktop applications and browser extensions
- Experience working with APIs
- Familiar with Backbone.js