WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
The Schoolzilla Mission: Liberate Education Data
Teachers need lots of data to make good decisions for their students, but most of them can’t get that data. That’s why President Obama has challenged the nation to “liberate” our education data. Schoolzilla is a team of developers and teachers that have done just that: we’ve made data easy to find, analyze, and act on at Aspire Public Schools, one of the nation’s best charter school networks. Now we’re taking our model and scaling it, fast. Our goal is to impact more than 1 million kids in the next 12 months, and we need your help to make it happen.
How You Can Help
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us streamline our development and operations processes as we scale to serve millions of students. This is a hands-on technical opportunity where you put your diverse skills to good use ensuring the health of Schoolzilla’s infrastructure. You’ll help improve development, testing, and deployment processes and lead the charge in automating and monitoring them. We’re looking for someone with experience in Systems Administration and Release Management and who loves scripting and automation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure and experience managing private/public clouds
- Excellent Scripting skills (e.g. Python, Shell, PowerShell, Ruby)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- Understanding of Release Management and Change Management best practices
- System Administration expertise on both Linux and Windows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IN OUR EXPERIENCE, PEOPLE WHO FIT THE SCHOOLZILLA TECHNOLOGY TEAM CULTURE ARE
- Methodical -- Able to take an ambiguous problem, break it down into a comprehensive set of possible solutions, and systematically eliminate options to find one that works. Good at troubleshooting and identifying root causes of problems.
- Proactive -- Enjoys finding and acting on opportunities to improve systems. Identifies the most important problems and attacks them without being asked.
- Lifelong Learners -- Loves learning new things. Curious, asks good questions. Solicits feedback from others, accepts it with grace, and acts on it.
- Committed -- Driven to use their skills to solve problems that actually matter in life
- Nice -- Kind, friendly, patient, and sincere.
- Fun to work with and likes to laugh
- Cares about schools, teachers, and kids. A lot.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs