Design at We Are Mammoth informs everything because everything at We Are Mammoth is a product; the applications we build for our clients, the community we create as coworkers, and the fantastic interactions generated when the two meet. They’re products that deserve constant innovation, and we’re looking for good souls to drive it all forward.
For a digital product designer, that means getting lost and found in research, executing experiences with coherent UI and writing, seeing everything through to production, and following up with solid measurement and feedback gathering.
As a designer at We Are Mammoth:
- You will design. That means sketching, writing, measuring, and interviewing. It means arguing, listening, winning, and losing. It means doing whatever the customer and product deserve, and using any tool necessary to provide it. You'll probably open Photoshop once in a while too :)
- You will support our growing consulting business. We have new business opportunities that range from branding to building 401k modeling tools for companies of 100k+ employees. You'll help source videography, photography, and copywriting. You'll participate in the hunt.
- You will participate in the full life cycle of feature development and marketing initiatives for both of our products, DoneDone.com and KinHR.com. Both have ample opportunity for UI design and branding improvements, and both have product roadmaps that need your contributions.
- You will help build our design team of writers, researchers, and visual designers.
- Your mark on design will be proven by numbers, feedback, and gut; in that order. If you can't measure it, it didn't happen.
About We Are Mammoth
Our apps are used by companies like Patagonia, Teehan + Lax, and Hello Design. We have a standard of excellent customer support, rapid design and development, and an unparalleled stewardship of teamwork. As a member of We Are Mammoth, you are always moving. Never launching. Always releasing.
We’re a team of 17 distributed throughout the country. Our design team is on the west coast so digital product designers in Seattle or Portland are definitely preferred. If you're an amazing problem solver with a killer portfolio anywhere in the U.S. works as well. You do, however, need to be a U.S. citizen.
- Cross-platform product design experience for mobile (iOS/Android) & web
- An ability to present and sell your work to clients, teams, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated visual and interaction design skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- HTML/CSS and latest responsive design techniques
- You're not afraid to write. Copy is interface.
- Experience working with distributed teams is plus but not required
- Well-rounded - You have passions outside of work and design
- A killer portfolio showing a range of digital product designs and the problems you've helped solve must be included to be considered.
Working at We Are Mammoth:
We opt for a smarter, constantly tuned workplace.
- Competitive benefits package including: medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs, paid time off (PTO), employer matched retirement funding account.
- We have a beautiful office in Chicago's Fulton Market. It's like a home, a library, and a gallery mashed into one.
- We do quarterly check-ins, annual salary reviews and have an employee equity plan and bonus based on performance.