Our vision is to harness technology and advance manufacturing techniques for the benefit of our customers. To achieve this we are building our next generation business web application
You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the new multi-tier web application including back office, web store and factory system. Initially in the first year you will be the sole developer, with the team expanding after 6-12months to include front end developer and junior software engineer.
What you need to bring to the role:
- Minimum of 7+ years in software development
- Backend solutions architecture, in particular strong experience in building large scale distributed systems
- A strong knowledge in developing and maintaining web applications.
- A love of problem solving, independent research and staying up to date with the latest best practices and automation trends.
- Able to work remotely as part of a self directed team. You are responsible for determining your workflow on a daily basis to meet project specifications and timeframes.
- A passionate desire to push the boundaries and build exceptional software.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Energised by collaboration with administration and factory teams.
Skills you must have:
- Strong object oriented design and development skills with C# & .NET 4/4.5
- Test Driven Development - unit testing and mocking
- IOC/DI (Unity/Autofac/Munq/etc)
- ORMs (NHibernate/EF/etc)
- RESTful web services
- Visual Studio (2010+)
- Source control (git/svn/tfs/etc)
- Continuous build (Team City/Cruise Control/etc)
- SQL Server 2008+
- Integration with serial, wireless and USB factory plant and equipment.
- NoSQL (MongoDB/RavenDB/CouchDB/Cassandra/etc)
- Distributed caching systems (Redis/MemCached/etc)
- Messaging systems (RabbitMQ/MSMQ/MassTransit/NServiceBus/etc)
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Continuous deployment (Octopus/Chef/Puppet/etc)
- JIRA bug tracking systems
- Cloud service providers (Amazon/Azure/Rackspace/etc)
- Remote development using Confluence and HipChat