WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Basics: Scale Down are looking for a creative developer with strong programming skills and comfort with both back-and front-end development.
Spiel: Scale Down is a remarkable new approach to weight loss. We use the science of self-regulation to help you lose weight quickly and easily. Scale Down is not a diet, an exercise regimen, a supplement, or some new fad. Scale Down is a scientific approach to weight loss, developed by Harvard-trained scientists who teach at the country's leading academic institutions.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’ve written a lot of Ruby and Rails code. You’re experienced developing public-facing web applications. * You know PHP but prefer Ruby.
- You’re SQL or a NoSQL (and you know why). You understand normalization, joins, query optimization, views, stored procedures and triggers and when and how to use them.
- You have experience with RESTful API design. You have used a range of popular APIs (extra points for Twilio, Mandrill, Twitter, and Facebook)
- You’re extremely attentive to detail. You accept bugs as a fact of life, but are committed to their destruction. You write tests because you know it’s the right thing to do.
- You have experience working with unfamiliar codebases and can pick up where others left off.
- You’re totally into application security. You don’t just read about security, you can do it, and talk about it. Pen testing is your friend. You can ensure that external and internal regulations governing data management are met.
- You’re Git-friendly.
- You can stage a project and execute without managerial oversight.
Experience: You have at least 4 years of work experience. You have previous startup, small company, or design firm experience. You’ve worked in a team.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs