WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
You will join a team of talented rubyists responsible for the setting the direction and carrying out the implementation of API based services for all our web applications. You will be responsible for understanding business requirements and translating them into well tested, maintainable, and reliable software. Your implementation suggestions will help us strike a balance between simplicity and achieving the desired outcomes for our users. We will rely on your insights and innovation to keep our products relevant and valuable for our customers.
What we’re expecting...
- Expert knowledge of Rails and Ruby
- Experience with authoring and maintaining gems
- Experience shipping and maintaining high traffic web apps
- Advanced testing ability
- Working knowledge of HTTP and REST
- Experience setting up and maintaining infrastructure required to deploy Rails
- Experience with system and application monitoring solutions
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time with ops duties
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn other languages should the need arise
- Interest in what happens under the application layer
- The moxie to stand up for what you believe, and ability to argue your opinions succinctly
- Direct participation in the decision making process
Bonus points for…
- An active Github account that shows diversity of interests
- Experience working in an agile shop
- Experience writing high-concurrency APIs (EventMachine)
- Experience with wrangling large data stores
- Experience with Resque
- Experience with Angular.js or a similar SPA framework
- Front end HTML, JS, CSS ability
- Familiarity with Amazon’s S3 and Glacier
- Prior use of MongoDB
- Hacking JS in the browser to do things it doesn’t want to
- In-depth knowledge of browser security models
What we’re offering...
- Start-up culture, with a financially stable company
- Quarterly bonuses based on profit growth
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation time
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Your choice of MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt Display
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid attendance to one tech conference of your choosing per year
- We don’t support IE8 or older
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table, kegerator, and soda fountain.
- Remote employment may be an option for the right candidate
ActiveProspect is a marketing automation software (SaaS) company providing customer acquisition management services to large national advertisers. We provide a suite of high volume web applications used for real-time data integration and cleansing. In 2012, it was ranked the 6th fastest growing company in Austin by the Austin Business Journal. Clients include large brands such as Dell, ADT, and Meredith Corporation.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs