Haiku Learning Systems is looking for a process-driven people-person who is up on Ed Tech, is passionate about great software, plays well with others, and wants to do good in the world. If you have an instinct for flexible and scalable architectures, an analytic and creative approach to problem solving, and a passion for combining your system engineering acumen with scripting skills to provide high quality and practical solutions for our product team and customers, then we are interested in talking to you!
Salary: $69,000 plus benefits
Location: Work from anywhere (but candidates near our offices in Tucson, AZ, Iowa City, IA or Goshen, IN a plus).
- Manage and administer a remotely hosted Linux environment including the setup of operations, monitoring and deployment tools and practices for a high-availability environment.
- Secure server configurations, assist in PCI certification, contribute to developing security best practice guidelines at Haiku.
- Manage networking configuration, firewall rules, and server side software including DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSH, and SSL.
- Manage and optimize MySQL servers, including setting up and administering multiple MySQL replication instances.
- Develop automated scripts to provision servers (experience with Chef and Ruby programming is a plus)
- Implement monitoring of servers and automated recovery processes.
- Manage, configure, update and optimize tools like Apache, Mongrel, Unicorn, Redis and Memcache.
Why Haiku Learning is one of the best places to work on the planet:
- You get to promote learning spaces that change lives.
- You get to work with teachers and education technologists - some of the smartest, most amazing people from the leading schools and educational programs in the world.
- You have time to live your life. We know you have hobbies, interests, and families. We want you to love what you do, but not live what you do.
- Great gear!
If you like people, are passionate about education, and want to help build the learning spaces of tomorrow, we want to hear from you.