WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
About the position
As a key member of our operations team, you will be responsible helping to set the direction and carry out the continuous operation and automation of our production and staging systems. You will work in partnership with the development team to meet our goals: 100% uptime, automated server provisioning, streamlined maintenance tooling, and metric collection to help drive decision making. You will learn the gritty details of our software products and their subsystems and understand how they interact with the provisioned hardware.
We will rely on your recommendations for provisioning new hardware and will rely on you to help build a maintainable production environment. Your input and contributions will help us continue to grow the technological foundation of the company. We will depend on your personal resolve and independent ownership of problems to meet the needs of our customers, our team, and the company.
What we’re offering…
- Start-up culture at a 10 year old and bootstrapped and profitable company
- Quarterly bonuses based on profit growth
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation time
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Your choice of MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt Display
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Company subsidized health and dental insurance
- Paid attendance to one tech conference of your choosing per year
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table, kegerator, and soda fountain
- Remote candidates considered
What we’re expecting...
- Experience setting up and maintaining infrastructure required to deploy Rails
- Experience writing and debugging multiple languages: C, ruby, python, shell
- Experience with clustering MongoDB and Redis
- Experience with Nginx as load balancer and application server
- Solid foundation of Linux (Ubuntu) system administration
- Interest in what happens at the application layer
- The moxie to stand up for what you believe, and ability to argue your opinions succinctly
- Direct participation in the decision making process
- Experience working with an automation framework (or strong desire to learn)
Bonus points for…
- An active Github account that shows diversity of interests
- Experience instrumenting server systems in order to collect server and application level metrics
- Experience with Riak, Cassandra or other masterless large-scale databases
- Experience with Docker
ActiveProspect is a marketing automation software (SaaS) company providing customer acquisition management services to large national advertisers. We provide a suite of high volume web applications used for real-time data integration and cleansing. In 2012, it was ranked the 6th fastest growing company in Austin by the Austin Business Journal. Clients include large brands such as Dell, ADT, and Meredith Corporation.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs