WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
tl;dr: Instructure is an awesome up-and-coming ed tech company and you should work here.
Long Version: Instructure started in 2008 wanting to change the world (ok the world of education) with Canvas, a Learning Management System that makes teaching and learning easier. And it seems like we did just that. Today we have over 900 universities, colleges, and school districts--and we're still growing. Fast. Not bad for a product launched in 2011. Instructure was voted the best company to work for in 2013. If you are passionate about making a difference in education, then you are definitely in the right place! You just might be the talented, interesting person we need to help us continue to grow and make an impact in education.
We need somebody who can:
- Be part of an on-call team.
- Support our APAC and EMEA customers, so you may be working interesting hours depending on your time zone.
- Have the knowledge to know how to respond to database problems at 3am.
- Be able to automate processes so that there aren't database problems at 3am.
- Be a point of contact for questions about databases, both from technical engineers and less technical members of the company.
- Be on top of problems before they become problems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge with:
- Linux distributions like Ubuntu.
- Amazon Web Services.
- PostgreSQL, or some other ACID-compliant SQL database.
- pgBouncer, or some other form of database pooling.
- Resource monitoring and alerting.
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
- Medical (United Healthcare)
- Dental (LifeMap)
- Life/AD&D (LifeMap)
- Lots of paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
Other Cool Things:
- 401K – with company match
- Stock Options (ask us about this one!)
And Some More Perks…
- Free gym membership
- Fully stocked break room
- Catering once a week
- 15” MacBook Pro Retina – 16G of ram + Thunderbolt Monitor
- “Lifty” desks
- Casual dress code
- Just sayin’
We participate in eVerify. EEO.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs