We work on the full web product development life-cycle, including strategy, user experience, design, development and deployment. Our developers need to be well-rounded technologists with a holistic understanding of the web technology stack they work with. They must also be able to interface with clients in a professional and intelligent way.
We're not looking for rockstars, ninjas, zombies or pirates. We're looking for smart, creative, resourceful developers who take pride in their work and want to work with the top names in media, nonprofit and higher education sectors.
- We offer competitive salaries and full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401(k) and transit benefits plan.
- We have no set office hours or vacation policy. We trust our team members to get their work done. We order lunch for anyone at our Flatiron office every day, and fly remote employees in for meetings on a regular basis.
- Alley is headquartered in New York City, but we actively hire candidates who live anywhere in the U.S. People who live in or want to relocate to New York will work at our office in the Flatiron District of Manhattan (although we are extremely flexible about office attendance).
- Employees based elsewhere should expect to travel to New York a few times per year for some face-time with the rest of the team. Our clients are located throughout the U.S. and occasionally abroad. Travel to client sites is occasionally required.
- Previous Drupal experience. You should be fluent in PHP and comfortable with the fundamentals of Drupal’s API and development best practices, including modules, themes, templates and code standards.
- Comfortable with semantic HTML5, CSS3 and sass, and common applications to Drupal themes.
- Strong knowledge of version control, ideally using Git.
- Ideally some background with development tools like compass, grunt and vagrant. Must be comfortable working with these tools in the command line.
- Strong communication skills (both with clients and coworkers). You should have discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes good and readable code
- Have a positive attitude about documentation, tickets and issue tracking.
- Feel comfortable working on a team: collaborating, having your code reviewed and reviewing others’ code.
- At this time, we can only consider candidates who are eligible for employment in the United States.
- Principals only, please. This a full-time position and we do not outsource any of our development work.
- No recruiters, please. All hiring at Alley Interactive is handled internally.