Health Services Integration (HSI) is seeking an experienced maintenance and support engineer to ensure our suite of custom software tools continues to exceed customer expectations as we grow.
This position is responsible for supporting both internal and external customers utilizing HSIs suite of analytics and workflow management tools in a 24x7 environment. This position depends on understanding customer's business needs, resolving issues they may have utilizing HSI's software, as well as recommending and implementing product enhancements based on customer feedback.
- Respond to issues submitted by internal and external customers
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical assistance
- Maintain and update status of all issues in our issue tracking system
- Troubleshoot, isolate, identify, and resolve reported issues.
- Document and provide Root Cause Analysis to customers.
- Define, document, and communication product issues and enhancement requests to the software development team.
- Document and publish tips and hints to assist internal/external customers with the usage of our systems.
- Test new software releases for defects and business suitability prior to deployment into our production environments
- Help ensure both our on-premise and cloud based software applications continue to run smoothly and perform well
- Automate routine maintenance and deployment tasks
- Perform integrations between internal and external software systems
- Configure deploy and operate performance monitoring tools
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a technical support role
- Experience in a software development role
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline preferred) or equivalent proven experience.
- Able to work independently and be creative with solutions
- Must possess proficient English oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to work with business customers, vendors, managers, and technical staff at all levels.
- Must be highly flexible and respond quickly to all internal and external support/maintenance requests.
- Exhibit aptitude to understanding of business and technical concepts and apply them to problem isolation
- Experience with SQL and report writing tools
- Experience with Microsoft C# or Ruby on Rails (we use both, and will cross train in either direction)
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux is preferred
Primary hours will be U.S. Pacific Time business hours,
Monday through Friday, with a rotating emergency on-call schedule including nights and weekends.
Remote work locations will be accommodated for the right candidate
Our primary technology (experience with any of these is naturally a plus)
- Ruby on Rails
- MS SQL Server, Postgres SQL, MongoDB
- Microsoft C#
- Windows / OSX / Ubuntu
- Microsoft Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- ETL / Data Warehousing
HSI is a fast growing company committed to making the most of modern technology through continuous innovation. HSI offers a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package with company-paid healthcare, vision and dental as well as 401k, profit sharing, life insurance, vacation and sick time accrual. If you are creative, curious and always striving to make things better, please get in touch!
Related Keywords: IT, Ruby on Rails, tech support, support, HTML, Microsoft C#, SQL, developer software, software development, developer, software, engineer,web, web technologies, web development, web architecture,