We are looking for an iOS Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience building both native and mobile web applications. S/he writes code for fun and is on top of the latest development trends. S/he enjoys working in a fast paced, agile environment, working on products designed to make the world a better place, all while learning from some of the best developers in the world. Of course, s/he loves coffee (or tea), bacon (or avocados) and mountain views.
As an iOS Developer at Perch you will:
- Work closely with our Product and Development teams to define product requirements and develop quality code.
- Test and deploy our iOS applications.
- Identify improvements to evolve and enhance the existing application.
- Ensure stable, supportable, and secure functionality at all times.
- Document source code.
- Choose to participate in semi-regular Xbox tournaments, featuring Halo, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, and NHL 14.
We’re looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of iOS development experience.
- Be comfortable with UIKit & common Objective-C design patterns.
- Have a good grasp of concurrent programming techniques.
- Understand real-time socket-based networking in addition to HTTP/REST.
- Good understanding of cameras including image capture & processing using AVFoundation.
- Experience with the latest Core Location functionality.
- Respect coding standards and appreciate consistent code formatting that follows the MVC style.
- Experience with git (Github) for source control.
- Independent, team player who is comfortable with the nature of a new startup.
- Prior published applications desirable (not mandatory).
Experience in the following is a huge bonus but not required:
- Computer Vision processing (Face & Motion detection).
- Mobile device management.
- Image processing using the Accelerate framework, Core Image, or OpenGL ES.
- Audio recording & playback using Core Audio.
- Video encoding & decoding with VideoToolbox.
- Working with WebRTC on mobile or web.
- Unit testing with frameworks such as OCHamcrest, OCMockito, Specta, Expecta.
- Automation testing using KIF.
- Android development experience especially with Google’s Camera & Media APIs.
At Perch, working remotely is what we do. There is no geographic limitation for this job, but if you are in the Vancouver area, we have a sweet new office in Gastown. We embrace different perspectives and experiences and are committed to creating an open, flexible environment that gives each member of the team what s/he needs.