WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
GitHub is looking for Performance Specialists for (GitHub Enterprise)[https://enterprise.github.com/]. While doing this job you’ll be working on benchmarking and profiling GitHub Enterprise installations – including developing methods and software to assist in that endeavor. You can expect to be gathering metrics and fine-tuning all components installed on the appliance – both hardware and software. We’re looking for someone who has:
- demonstrated experience benchmarking and profiling performance issues – hardware or software (filesystem/disk benchmarking experience would be a big plus)
- familiarity with GitHub’s underlying technology stack (resque, memcached, MySQL, unicorn, thin, god, nginx, etc.)
- familiarity with virtualization systems (VMware, VirtualBox/Vagrant/Veewee, Xen, Hyper-V, etc.)
- programming experience with Ruby and interest in writing tools to support the benchmark/profiling process
- experience with statsd or similar metric gathering systems
- experience speccing and configuring hardware for best performance
You should love gathering and graphing metrics, tweaking configuration files to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of servers, and just generally be a performance junky.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
San Francisco or Anywhere
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs