WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Avnet Services is looking for experienced OpenStack developers who can help expand the Integrations team. The core job responsibility would be to develop integrations between OpenStack and vendor products solutions using core Python SDK and other scripting languages. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining the development environment including lab OpenStack instances. Knowledge of installing and implementing various OpenStack modules and components a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with client and practice team members to move the engagement from a solutions design concept through architectural definition to implementation of the services solution.
- Delivers a high value services solution to the client on time, within budget, and meeting all quality and solution design specifications.
- Provides services solutions implementation and delivery guidance.
- Develops an understanding of client business needs, current industry environment and market solution trends to contribute to the refinement of current or build of new practice offerings.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Python Core Development - Skilled python developer (primary) including use of 3rd party APIs / SDK
- PHP Scripting Language (secondary) – Previous PHP scripting knowledge or ability to quickly learn and use PHP.
- Java Core Development - Skilled Java developer (a plus) including core technologies, use of JDBC, 3rd party APIs, knows how to use the Java API documentation to create code
- RESTful / REST Services – Skilled developer using and implementing clients to REST services
- JSON / XML – Experience with structured output responses a plus.
- Additional Experience in working with different third party Java APIs would be highly desired (e.g. HP Server Automation, BMC Remedy, BMC CMDB, VMware vCloud API, VMware Java API, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical techniques and ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Self-driven and self-motivated with an ability to deliver within tight deadlines and under pressure
- Contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle with a focus on OpenStack / Python / PHP development
- Possess solid understanding of Python, PHP, REST services, OpenStack instance installation and maintenance. Java development experience a great plus.
- Produce solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications
- Strengthen the software delivery process based on the Agile principles
Education and Certification(s):
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs