PhishMe is seeking an experienced, dedicated systems administrator with modern “devops” experience for this new dedicated position on our growing engineering team.
This is a full time position working for PhishMe, Inc. Outsourced or software development contractors should not apply.
The successful applicant will be charged with:
- Recommending improvements to our existing deployment stack for applications in various unique environments.
- Assisting with production issues and monitoring.
- Light management and support of services we use internally to Get Stuff Done (git, GitLab, ssh tunnels, JIRA, and Confluence
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the rest of the engineering team.
Successful applicants must be:
- A self-starter
- VERY organized
- Able to work effectively and be pragmatic as part of a remote team in a dynamic business environment
- Able to effectively communicate
- Available to work for eight hours where at least five overlap 8am to 6pm EST
- Able to work off-hours when necessary
- Available for occasional travel
- A US resident
Your experience should demonstrate that you have:
- Successfully built and maintained enterprise infrastructure
- Are very comfortable administering production Debian and RedHat-based environments
- Can use bash scripting and high-level languages (e.g., python or ruby) to assist with system administration and monitoring
- Extensive Chef or Puppet experience
- Experience with capistrano
- Done disaster recovery planning and implementation
Can use git
- Experience with hardware virtualization on the desktop (e.g., VMWare)
It would really be outstanding if you:
- Have attained a four-year degree in something (…anything)
- Have customer support experience (e.g., retail, help desk, consulting, etc.)
- Are comfortable with advanced git usage: rebase, rebase -i, merge â€“no-ff
- Have experience with hardware virtualization on the server (e.g., Xen, OpenVZ, or VMWare solutions)
- Competitive salary + stock
- Retirement plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecommuting expense reimbursement
- Choose your own Apple workstation
- Peers that enjoy appropriate use of Internet memes
- Enjoy your nights and weekends!
- Chantilly, Virginia
- Telecommute (United States only)