WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
The ideal engineer for this position loves managing APIs and other web services at scale. You relish the opportunity to take on a challenging problem, choose the right tool for the job and build an elegant, scalable solution.
Tools We Use
- Backbone.js and Marionette
- PHP - the good, object-oriented kind
- Java - APIs (Play framework) and some other services
About the Role
- You'll oversee the Help Scout APIs — everything from documentation to new endpoints. All new product features are built on the APIs and we'd like them to be a pleasure for customers to use as well.
- You'll manage the Docs web service (sites like this), implementing new features and making sure it scales beautifully for customers.
- The web app layer is written in a homegrown PHP framework and doctrine. We'd love to pull you in on web app projects as well, so it's important to be familiar with PHP or able to pick it up quickly.
- You'll be joining a small team of 4 experienced, slightly OCD engineers and working on a product loved by 15,000+ people and still growing by about 10% every month.
- Work from our Boston office or remotely, provided you have 4+ hours of overlap time with the other engineers. Half of our team works remotely today.
- You'll be working with product people. The founders are technical and committed to creating a magical experience for customers, sans sales people. This means you'll have the time to do things the right way and deploy great work.
- Salary is based on a formula that's public to all employees, and for this position is between $75-110k. Stock options are available if you opt for a slightly lower salary.
- You became a developer to make an impact and build a product people love. It juices you to build a tool that thousands (maybe millions) of people use to work better.
- You have a history of working on products at scale and can bring a high level of expertise to the business.
- Your code is not only a pleasure for customers to use, but for other engineers to read and understand easily. You always take into account big picture considerations like abstraction, architecture, performance, security and long-term stability.
- You can speak and write in terms that non-geeks can understand clearly. As a matter of fact, you really enjoy writing and sharing your experience with others.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
4+ hours of overlap with EST timezone
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs