At CauseLabs, we serve as catalysts for a better world and believe that everyone deserves to enjoy the life-changing benefits of technology.
For over ten years we have empowered great causes to move successfully from idea to execution through workshops and full digital product development breakthroughs. We serve NGO’s and social enterprises with strategic consultation, design and end-to-end product development.
We are headquartered in Denver but our team works remotely from all over the country. Anyone located within the United States can apply for this position.
You have a passion for design and great causes. You want not only to love the work, but love the purpose of the work. We believe that this passion will produce results that go above and beyond all expectations.
At CauseLabs our creative team reshapes, rethinks, and redefines digital experiences for social good. We are looking for a talented and smart interactive production designer to join our team.
As a production designer at CauseLabs, you’ll work on a number of different projects and platforms – everything from iOS and Android mobile applications, web applications, web pages and daily maintenance requests. You should be able to take a project and run with it, but know when to seek help from team members. Production designers strive to ensure that projects are of the highest quality and meet or exceed client expectations.
Have strong organizational skills? You’ll need those. You’ll also need to prove your ability to provide self-direction in the day-to-day. Excellent communication skills are paramount; communicating clearly through written word is essential to amazing design, articulating research and design decisions, and conversing fluently with teammates.
A typical day with us might find you:
- Preparing and delivering graphics for iOS and Android mobile apps
- Supporting our teams with front end development using HTML and CSS
- Assisting clients in creating print-ready graphics
- Creating marketing pieces and editing copy for use in the App Store
- Working with creative team members in researching interactive design solutions
- Designing simple, elegant user flows and experiences
- Using software to wireframe workflows and design ideas
- Participating in creative reviews and contributing to strategic product decisions together with creative and development teams
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timelines
- Drinking lots and lots of coffee (tea also acceptable)
You'll need these skills to pay the bills:
- Wireframe, prototype, test, incorporate feedback, and ultimately bring your own ideas to life
- Strong command of web standards, cross-browser compatibility and the ability to fully implement your own designs in HTML/CSS
- Solid foundation in web application and mobile user interface design
- Awesome verbal and written communication skills with the maturity to give and receive proactive, constructive feedback and to communicate with various personalities in a distributed environment
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
And you have these qualities in your DNA:
- Passionate for excellence. You’re only satisfied with the very best
- Resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
- Respects the importance of providing excellent service and delivering client satisfaction
Finally, our smile will be even bigger if you can say any of the following:
- "Let me show you this cause I’m working on/for."
- “Mmmm, coffee.”
- "I can't help but install new apps, design frameworks, and even development platforms and tinker with them."
- "Check out this sweet mobile application I designed."
- "I follow design blogs, magazines, and otherwise disruptive design sites religiously."
- “Mmmm, living to change the world for the better.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 3 weeks' paid time off per year
- Group health benefits
- 401k plans and matching options after 90 days
- Fast project management growth opportunities for the right candidate
- A highly flexible, virtual, yet tight-knit work environment built around integrity and compassion