WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
What you'll be working on
- 20% time to work on your own ideas and projects
- We'll ensure you have the best tools money can buy. MBP Retina is standard issue, but you're welcome to use a ThinkPad if you prefer.
- 100% remote. Like to work from home? Fantastic. We're open to candidates from any country.
- Need flexible hours? No problem; we care about results, not time zones.
- Care about your legacy? Nearly everything you develop will be published on GitHub, with attribution.
- We stick to interesting projects, like imaging, compilers, cryptography, and HTML5 apps. You'll never get bored; if we're not bringing a radical improvement to a technology space, we're not particularly interested.
- We do not tolerate technical debt; we maintain extremely high code quality at the expense of quantity.
- You're passionate about pushing the software industry forward, and improving the landscape of open-source .NET software
- You've published at least 1 side project on GitHub, CodePlex, etc.
- You avoid boilerplate code and extra layers of indirection
- You enforce consistency and work hard to ensure APIs are obvious and loopholes nonexistent.
- Your code itself is sufficient documentation for any developer of moderate capability.
- You're not afraid to think outside the box or deviate from 'accepted practices' when it can provide great benefit.
- You care about the typography of your code, and obsess over readability
- You plan ahead, use your time wisely, and are self-managing. Cranberry is the code.
- You have excellent written communication skills, and can write good documentation and tutorials
- Grok C#
- Have extensive experience with ASP.NET WebForms, MVC4, and WebAPI
- Be competent with C, C++, COM, and P/Invoke (we integrate with many native libraries)
- Understand test-driven development
- Have years of experience designing friendly APIs
- Have strong math skills (algebra and trig)
We'd also like to see
- Ruby experience
- Imaging & bitmap manipulation experience
- EF5 experience
- Umbraco experience
- C/C++ experience
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.