WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elasticsearch, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on absolutely anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
We are looking for Top Software Engineers with experience in distributed systems to help build Logstash. At Elasticsearch, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a vibrant, young company next to some of the smartest and most highly skilled technologists the industry has to offer.
Desired skills include:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 3+ years of industry experience.
- Distributed systems experience.
- Experience programming in Ruby to solve distributed systems problems.
- Knowledge and experience in JRuby and/or Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Nice to have- Real-time data processing and/or messaging expertise with such products as Storm, Kafka, Rabbitmq, Redis, and ZeroMQ.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Write great code, innovate, lead and contribute to Logstash, the leading open source logging solution.
- Collaborate with other development teams, our community, and our customers to execute on product deliverables
- Occasionally provide training at various Elasticsearch Training Events.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs