Why do we want a lazy sysadmin? Because we want an infrastruture that runs itself, that helps our dev and support teams be productive without human intervention. You might call it DevOps; or just being a good sysadmin. But whatever you call it, if you can do it, we want to talk to you.
TourBuzz is the leading real estate photography platform for independent photographers. Our platform is a mission-critical business application for thousands of photographers and real estate agents. We obsess about uptime, latency, budget, and scaling. Frankly, maybe a little too much, which is why we need you.
TourBuzz is a premium SaaS product, and we strive for industry-leading excellence in our operations. This means more than just high uptime with low latency. We want our infrastructure to be a source of competitive advantage. This means easy deployment for our developers, easily accessible information for our support team, and insightful data collection and reporting for our product and business teams.
Our application stack offers a diverse range of interesting architectural and scaling problems. We are presently using vagrant, chef, capistrano, Pingdom, munin, Mandrill, S3, EC2, Lindode and Heroku to run everything from web and database servers to our auto-scaling image processing system and custom DNS servers.
As our lead devops developer, you'll be working with the rest of our amazing team (7 developers, 4 business) to architect, design, build and maintain a high-quality, robust, and flexible infrastructure.
- Amazing work/life balance - sane & flexible work schedule, generous vacation
- Work on interesting technical and product challenges in an environment that encourages creativity, fun, and the use of new tools to deliver the best results
- Have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup-like environment
- Work closely with a small, talented team with a proven track record
- Be a central part of a product team that iterates constantly and ships regularly
- Work on public-facing products that customers actually pay for and love
- Relaxed work environment conveniently located in Midtown/Virginia Highland (or work remotely)
- We are profitable, growing and have no outside investors -- this means all of your energy is focused on building great product, not playing politics
- Competitive salary plus cash bonus structure (we are profitable and growing but no IPO plans, so we pay cash!)
- Great benefits like Health Insurance, paid lunches and flexible vacation scheduling
- Deliver industry-leaving availability, performance, security, and data integrity
- Maintain internal systems, networks, and other IT-ish infrastructure (we don't have much)
- Leverage leading-edge technologies to provide our developer and support teams with the tools to amaze customers
- Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas
- Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions
- Participate in code reviews, vendor selection, research, and discussion to help you and the team with professional development
- You are both an experienced linux sysadmin and an skilled developer.
- 3+ years experience with devops-related technologies (chef, puppet, ansible, etc)
- 3+ years experience working with AWS/EC2/S3/Heroku or similar.
- Experience in core aspects of web application development including design, development, architecture, separation of layers, configuration, performance, security, integration, analytics
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-Oriented, self-started, motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
Bonus Points for:
- Active participation in open-source community (coding, organizing, speaking, bug reporting, pontificating)
- Demonstrated ability to make devops part of a company's strategic advantage