WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Does watching slow moving construction projects drive you nuts? Does the premise of waterfall software development give you a nails on the chalkboard sensation? Do you often think about faster / iterative ways to deliver client satisfaction? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we want to talk to YOU!
Big Astronaut is looking for a full-time Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master / XP Coach with great organizational and interpersonal skills that is an experienced multi-tasker. Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, implementation, execution, and completion of Client deliverables. You should have experience leading teams that have built large and complex web applications in an iterative incremental fashion, demonstrating value throughout the process. You are going to have to be firm but diplomatic. The job will require listening to many different people with different sets of priorities and finding creative solutions that work for all – and barring that, ironing out compromises that ultimately maintain the quality of our products and exceed client expectations.
Here’s what you’ll do on a day-to-day basis:
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects; define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Manage project resource allocation and track deliverables using appropriate tools (Pivotal Tracker, Spreadsheets, Ouija Board).
- Holds daily and weekly scrum meetings/IPMs, stand ups, sprint planning, demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Facilitates scope definition process, and ensures requirements are specified.
- Communicates daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly project plans and requirements clearly to entire team.
- Measure and monitor project progress to ensure releases are delivered on time, within budget, and that they consistently exceed Client expectations.
To qualify for consideration you have:
- 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience with a solid understanding of project management principles.
- Experience implementing and leading teams using agile-based development processes (you're a wizard at Pivotal Tracker).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional work teams.
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Points For:
- Participating in open source/outside projects
Writing a blog
- Being a member of technology communities and/or user groups
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs