As an Account Manager within Lullabot’s sales team, you will become an advocate for Lullabot and a key point of contact for potential clients looking to Lullabot for guidance, work, and support. Many projects and clients are not a fit for Lullabot, but a positive experience and impression is valuable no matter who you are.
The Account Manager will be:
- Spreading the Lullabot message by understanding clients' needs and mentoring them to find the right solution. Sometimes Lullabot is a great match and other times we might not be. You'll always do what's best for the client and for Lullabot.
- Becoming a brand custodian and advocate for Lullabot across all areas of the business.
- Recognizing and pursuing opportunities that are a match for Lullabot’s expertise and well-being.
- Sourcing new opportunities which Lullabot may not otherwise reach.
- Solidifying relationships with Lullabot's clients - extolling Lullabot's successes, owning Lullabot's failures, and serving as the client's mouthpiece and advocate within Lullabot when needed.
- Forming mutually beneficial partnerships with businesses, community members and potential clients alike.
- Protecting Lullabot's interests when circumstances don't play out as expected or clients overstep their bounds.
- Responding to inquiries, even the small ones that just need some pointing in the right direction.
- Using the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, honesty (it is the best policy, after all).
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of Drupal and the Drupal landscape.
- Background in development estimation techniques.
- An interest in building long-term relationships over a traditional sale/conversion model. We all work to make money, but we do it because we love our clients, and genuinely enjoy helping people.
- The desire to solve complex problems - of the technical and human variety.
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail; there’s no second chance to make a first impression.
Daily responsibilities will be split between:
- Responding to Sales inquiries and performing NATM (Need, Authority, Timeframe, Budget) qualification.
- Working with a list of select clients, with the goal of finding new opportunities within those organizations.
- Proposal writing, with a flair for understanding the vision of a project and communicating Lullabot’s value.
- Coordination with developers for scoping and with Lullabot’s Sales Director and COO on resource planning.
- Attending relevant industry events and visiting clients as needed.
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to travel up to once per month in the United States for retreats, meetings, on-sites, etc.
- This is a salaried (non-commission) position, and pay will be commensurate with experience.
Create a brief (2 min or less) video introducing yourself and talking about your interest and experience for this job. We recommend creating a password protected video on Vimeo, but you may certainly post your video wherever/however you’d like. Take a look at one-of-these-videos to see what’s gotten folks hired in the past. Hint: while a video is not mandatory, we have rarely hired a candidate who did not submit a video.
Lullabot is a distributed company with flexible hours, but we tend to schedule meetings and expect employees to be online and available during a North American workday. Our current team is spread out across North America and Europe. Lullabot’s past clients include NBC.com, MSNBC, Martha Stewart, Sony Music, FastCompany, The Grammys, MTV UK, O’Reilly Media, Lifetime Television, and many more.
Working for Lullabot is probably unlike anything you've done before. To paraphrase Voltaire (and Stan Lee!), With great freedom comes great responsibility. Self-direction, a casual but confident attitude, and a focus on quality over quantity are some of the things we look for. We work from both the head and the heart and guide our decisions by our Core Values.