WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
ActiveCampaign is a marketing platform focused on email marketing & marketing automation for small businesses. We have been profitable for over 10 years with both revenue & user growth every single year. Building a company & platform that we believe in (and that we are proud of) is at our core.
We are looking for a talented full stack developer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our growing client base.
Some things your day could consist of:
- Brainstorming with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas or investigate tricky bugs.
- Optimizing existing functionality to utilize REDIS or Memcached for improved response times.
- Prototyping code with your first draft, then polishing later, in a dedicated developer environment.
- Debugging and resolving platform issues reported by our users.
- Letting creative ideas rule the day; don't settle for the first solution, search for the right one. We can wait.
- Roll out a new feature and analyze (and react) to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback.
What is needed:
- Excellent communication skills. Constant communication is a must with having remote team members.
- A desire to be part of a small (11 people) team where everyone's input matters, hierarchy is not encouraged, and everyone is working together.
- Extensive & proven experience with PHP, MySQL, & jQuery. Other languages and systems are a plus.
- Experience with basic Linux administration. It won't be your focus but you should know enough to get around.
- Interested in finding ways to optimize and scale to accommodate a growing number of end users.
- Care about the user experience. Everyone is expected to care about the flow and design aspects should always be thought of.
- Being able to develop and iterate a general idea to completion with limited direction/outline.
- Join an agile & growing team focused on innovating small business marketing (Team of 11)
- 401k with dollar to dollar matching
- Free medical/dental insurance
- Free transportation (CTA or Metra)
- Flexible paid vacation & holidays (Maintain a healthy work & life balance)
- Casual work atmosphere (We care about results and your own comfort)
- Choose your work setup (Most of us choose a MacBook Air with Thunderbolt displays)
- Plenty of free perks & activities (Free lunches 2x a week, stocked kitchen, tons of misc. perks/discounts, & more...)
- Downtown Chicago location across the street from Millennium Park (near all transportation options)
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Decent time overlap with the CST timezone is preferred.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs