WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
At Planet, we own and operate the largest constellation of Earth-imaging satellites in history. In the DevOps position, you will play a key part both in the development of Mission Control and in the actual operation of satellites. You'll train by flying what we've already launched and then you'll write code to make the process more automated and robust. Sound fun? Let's go!
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new software, frameworks and API’s
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Experience working on an Agile/TDD project
- Python guru
- Advanced degree, multiple degrees, or independent contracting work.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, mentoring other engineers, teaching, etc.
- Experience or education in aerospace.
- A public portfolio, such as contributions to open-source software or websites you've designed
Plus experience with any of the following:
- Open-source monitoring solutions (Nagios, Ganglia, Sensu, Graphite, Zenoss).
- Open-source logging solutions (Logster, Logstash, ...).
- Non-relational databases and key-value stores (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Riak, Redis, Memcached).
- Source control (git, SVN).
- Build automation systems (Jenkins)
- Configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack)
- Development on a mobile platform (Android)
Responsibilities are fluid -- we have several needs to fill and there's no reason to box someone in. Here's a list of all the things we'd like to get done. The more of these you would enjoy doing, the better:
- Manage the continuous integration process across multiple code repositories and multiple satellite designs.
- Manage the release and rollback process of ground and satellite software.
- Oversee the creation of a devops dashboard and alert system.
- Work with the developers to ensure that what they create is developed with operations in mind (logging, monitoring, telemetry output etc.).
- Work with the developers to ensure that what they create is scalable.
- Manage developer VMs and the onboarding of new engineers.
- Create the tools necessary for coordinating a distributed Ops team around the world.
- Fly satellites!
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs