Sonian’s cloud-powered archiving platform enables organizations to address discovery needs, improve compliance postures, ease email migrations and reduce IT expenses. Sonian’s archiving services can be deployed in minutes, require no hardware or software, and are compatible with all of the world’s most popular email messaging systems. Sonian provides the only archiving offering in the market built from the ground up using advanced cloud computing technologies. Over 15,000 customers in 40 countries benefit from Sonian’s industry-leading fast and accurate search and superior usability. Boasting strong partnerships with the world’s leading technology companies, Sonian combines innovative technology and archiving expertise to satisfy customers of all sizes and industries. For more information, please visit http://www.sonian.com
Sonian is looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual to design and develop Web services that integrate our Award Winning and Best of Breed backend Cloud Services that comprise our Cloud Fabric: Viewer/Dashboard, Security and Monitoring/Analytics into a dynamic and compelling UX. The consumers of our Cloud Fabric include our large OEM partners, Large MSP’s, channel partners and Sonian operations, sales and finance staff.
The candidate for this position has a solid understanding of Ruby, web application frameworks, dynamic UX and REST / HATEAOS services. Sonian Cloud Operations manages multiple Public Clouds and automatically scales the supporting cloud infrastructure to securely store and serve Petabytes of archived content to 15,000+ customers. Sonian’s developers are geographically distributed, so location is not important.
- Design and deliver features that meet the business needs of our customers while maintaining a state of the art user experience
- Produce high quality software designs to support long term maintainability and extensibility of code
- Deliver software that supports a highly available, fault tolerant SaaS application
- Produce high quality, well-tested and well-documented code
- Deliver pragmatic code utilizing Agile Methodologies
- Effectively collaborate with a distributed team across the U.S.
- 8+ years commercial software development experience, with at least 4+ years building end-user focused UX
- 2+ years production Ruby development
- Strong command of Object Oriented design patterns / SOLID principles
- Experience or a willingness to learn driving code with Behavior Driven Development / Test Driven Development
- Distributed source control experience with Git
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively via paired-programming
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with a deep passion for software development.
- Good understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and software as a service (SaaS)
- Experience with charting frameworks such as Highcharts and D3.js
- Proven track record building high-performance enterprise-grade systems that scale
- Familiarity with cloud based offerings like Amazon’s EC2 & S3 or Rackspace Cloud
- US-based, capable of working in remote team
- Bonus: Interest and familiarity with web analytics and Big Data (Amazon EMR / RedShift) processing
- Bonus: Experience with infrastructure automation, including use of Chef, Puppet or CFEngine