Location: Salt Lake City, UT, Salem, OR, or remote - preferably in US timezones
Status: full-time employee or 30+ hours a week contractor
EveryoneSocial is looking for an experienced, full-stack Ruby developer to join our small engineering team. This is a full-time W2 position or 30+ hours/week 1099 position. We’re a distributed team, and we work remotely. If you’re near Salt Lake City, UT or Salem, OR, so much the better.
- You are a full-stack web developer - our primary application is Rails 3.2 (moving to 4.x) and Backbone. You should be comfortable with everything from ActiveRecord relations out to Backbone lifecycle events.
- You have a proven track record delivering production-quality applications in similar environments.
- You have a passion for developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale web applications. We don’t just throw our code over the wall to ops - we are responsible for it until it’s removed from the repo.
- We practice “little-a” agile. You should be comfortable working with stories/cards in weekly iterations and delivering value to users regularly.
- Although we’re not dogmatic about it, we love automated tests. We fix the build when it breaks, and so should you.
- You’re comfortable working on a distributed team. You know how to collaborate with team members using Skype, Campfire, email, and sometimes even a phone.
You’re always looking to learn new things - languages, databases, frameworks, etc.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database like PostgreSQL
- Strong communication skills, especially with remote co-workers
- Experience using and configuring Unix-like sytems - MacOS, Linux, etc.
- Medical insurance
- Competitive compensation plan
- Ground floor opportunity - as an early member of our team, you’ll shape the business direction of the company.
EveryoneSocial is a new platform that transforms the way employees engage with their social networks. Our platform creates a community of advocates within large organizations and utilizes the power of their networks to help with Marketing, Sales, and HR initiatives. EveryoneSocial’s clients are recognized leaders in their industries and include Dell, Adobe, Kelly Services, SAP, United Way, Symantec, and more.