Site5 is seeking a full-time, mid-level Ruby on Rails developer. The chosen candidate will be working from home with a small group of top-notch, highly knowledgeable developers who are passionate about their code. You will be working on writing a group of related Rails 3.2 applications which are being developed in-house from scratch. The applications will replace our CRM & billing system, Synco, and our client account manager, Backstage. You can read more about them at http://www.eng5.com.
Why should you work at Site5?
Site5 is a well-established company with more than 10 years of experience in the web hosting industry and more than 350,000 websites hosted. Site5 is built on top of open source software; we understand how important open source is and remain very active in the community. More information is available on our projects page. Don't forget to have a peek at our GitHub organization.
Here are a few other reasons you will enjoy working for Site5.
- You will become a better software engineer by working through problems with highly talented and opinionated engineers.
- We use GitHub to build our applications.
- You will be working from the comfort of your home anywhere in the world!
- We are a small company with under 100 team members and have some great opportunities to move up and further your career!
- All employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and increases to 25 days after three years.
- Health/dental/vision insurance is available to U.S. employees.
- Your input and suggestions matter, and we encourage them.
- We encourage learning new skills and we will pay for the books to help. We want you to grow and move up in the company. Your success is our success!
- Emphasis on using and contributing to open source software.
- Creative and fun atmosphere. Our development team is just as passitionate about their music as they are their code.
- Flexible schedule.
- Variety of problems to solve.
- Freedom to use the tools you want to develop our software.
- Ruby and object-oriented programming (3+ years)
- Rails (1+ years)
- Testing (RSpec/Shoulda is used on most projets, Test::Unit on the others)
- PostgreSQL or MySQL database design
- API integration experience
- Modern HTML & CSS skills
- Comfortable working with Git
Additional Skills desired
- Systems Admin background
- Gem Authoring
- Involved in open source projects
- PostgreSQL and MySQL performance tuning
Please include a link to your GitHub profile when you submit your resume.