WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
The Red Hat Cloud Engineering Systems Management R&D team is looking for a talented Ruby on Rails engineer to work on The Foreman and Katello projects. The Systems Management team is globally distributed across North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, with engineers working on productization in an Agile-based environment. You'll work primarily on life cycle management, configuration management, and DevOps work in an Agile-based environment. You'll also design and implement new features in Ruby and regularly participate in upstream communities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement new features in Ruby and contribute them to upstream open source projects
- Submit patches for bug fixes to the community and review patches from other community members
- Partner with the Quality Engineering team to ensure projects are tested correctly
- Educate the team on new features through sprint reviews or small team presentations
- Publicize the work the team is doing through blogs, web postings, or conference talks
- 5-10 years of object-oriented software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline is preferred
- Professional Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience with automated testing tools like RSpec or Cucumber
- Experience with various deployment models, including cloud, virtualization, and shared data sets
- Ability to use relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Prefer experience collaborating with technical teams in remote and international locations
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs