WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
We are a small server team setting up millions of audio and video minutes every week and doubling nearly every quarter in customer engagement. This is an exciting time as we scale our service up and out! We're looking for server software engineers to help build our server infrastructure (over 30 servers currently in production) to handle the increasing load. We currently run on JBoss/Wildfly servers using HornetQ and Java, we build with Maven and run continuous integration builds with TeamCity. You will get to help us select new technology in our stack as we measure our current system bottlenecks to handle the massive increase in scale.
We have offices in San Jose, Eugene, and Iowa City but remote work is in our DNA. We have people in San Francisco, Oakland, Philadelphia, and Chicago to name a few.
- Deep understanding of highly concurrent, multi threaded software
- TCP/UDP networking experience and/or custom packet protocols
- Understanding of cross server messaging technologies like JMS, HornetQ
- REST services support backed by JPA/Hibernate
- Unix/BASH/shell experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with Scala, Akka
- Experience with Gradle, Docker, Chef
- Experience with ZooKeeper / Apache Helix
- Experience with Hadoop / HBase / Tez
- Experience with Streaming technology such as Samza or Storm
- Experience with Solr / Lucene or other search
- Experience with socket.io on JVM
- Experience with Spray/Play frameworks for REST services
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs