Site5 is seeking a full-time Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. The chosen candidate will be working from home in a small group of highly knowledgeable Linux administrators and engineers who are responsible for creating and improving the technical infrastructure that serves our shared, reseller, cloud, and VPS web hosting customers.
The position will entail working on a wide variety of projects; most of them involving the maintenance, optimization, and creation of the core infrastructure that drives our business. We are looking for a person that doesn’t settle for default settings.
Some projects you may be working on:
- Improving HTTP performance and reliability.
- Improving efficacy of anti-spam systems and reduce server blacklistings.
- Kernel optimizations.
- Optimize virtualization environment.
- Change management (Chef).
- Xen or KVM (3+ years)
- Scripting aficionado (Bash, Perl, or Ruby)
- Experience with managing email servers (Exim preferred)
- Comfortable working with Git
- Building / managing packages (RPM preferred)
Additional Skills Desired
- Creating / managing shared storage systems
- Experience with OnApp or SolusVM
- Ruby experience
- MySQL clusters
- C programming experience
Why should you work at Site5?
Site5 is a well-established company with over 10 years of experience in the web hosting industry and more than 350,000 websites hosted.
Here are a few other reasons you will enjoy working for Site5:
- Your input and suggestions matter, and we encourage them. We want to be told when there is a better way to do something.
- We encourage learning new skills and we will pay for the books to help. We want you to grow and move up in the company. Your success is our success!
- We use Github and a peer-review system, so everyone can improve their knowledge.
- You will be working from the comfort of your home anywhere in the world!
- We are a small company with under 100 team members and have some great opportunities to move up and further your career!
- All employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and increases to 25 days after three years.
- Health/dental/vision insurance is available to U.S. employees.
- Variety of problems to solve.