WE NEEDS YiOU!#!! (can’t you tell?)
We’re on the lookout for a take-charge QA engineer to join the Product and Engineering Team at Hireology. The ideal candidate will have a command over QA best practices, and be able to take us from “Works in Chrome” to a fully automated suite of testing to ensure we are delivering the best product to our users. To sum it up, we want someone who can lead our quality assurance efforts now and in the future.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering team works remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home (or right in our office if you’re local). Compensation is very competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, quarterly Engineering team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
Here’s What You’re Responsible For:
- Managing and updating test scripts as new functionality is added.
- Managing defects by recording, reporting, analyzing, and tracking to resolution
- Organizing and performing various types of testing to include functional, integration, system, regression, and/or performance
- Plans and estimates testing efforts in collaboration with the product and engineering teams
- Recommends and implements process improvement practices
- Understand user behavior and facilitate internal communications on specific functionality
- Review product user stories for use in test development and anticipated product usage
- Ability to own and lead complex technical automation projects
- Ability to evangelize and help culturize automation at an organizational level
- Develop coding specs and standards for test automation adherence to the frameworks
- Build and enhance tools for rapid testing and easy test results analysis and easy root cause identification
- 4+ years of quality assurance experience - including both manual and automated testing - of web-based applications.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of fundamental testing principles, concepts, and techniques
- Experience with SQL and demonstrable knowledge of database techniques
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming or scripting language (Ruby would be a plus)
- Experience working in or supporting continuous integration and or continuous delivery environments
- Works effectively with engineering, product, and support teams
- Team player with strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
Hireology’s cloud-based Selection Manager™ helps companies organize their hiring process and use data and smart tools to make better hiring choices. We help SMBs and large, multi-site operators such a franchise systems ensure a consistent hiring and selection process across thousands of locations each and every day. Due to our recent growth, we are expanding our in-house technology capabilities and are seeking our first QA engineer to join our team at a critical time in our company’s history.