WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
KickBack Rewards Systems is seeking a passionate DevOps engineer for the role of Hadoop cluster administrator. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically to provide input on key components of the system, while also rolling-up their sleeves and executing that vision.
Provides day to day production support of Hadoop infrastructure including:
* Implement new Hadoop hardware infrastructure
* OS integration and application installation
* Cluster maintenance
* HDFS support and maintenance
* Adding and removing cluster nodes
* Backup and restores
* Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting
* Manage and review Hadoop log files
* Filesystem management and monitoring
* Hadoop Cluster capacity planning
* Design, implement and maintain security
* Manage and review data backups
* HortonWorks HDP 2.x cluster management, capacity planning and system tuning to best utilize the HDP platform.
* Manage statistical analytic packages for our data scientists (Python, R, etc.)
* Good in scripting for automation process
* Provide support for legacy ETL environment as required
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years supporting & administering open source Linux operating systems (CENTOS, Debian, Fedora) and hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with managing Hadoop and Hadoop ecosystem - Hive/Pig, HBase, Oozie, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Cassandra, etc.
- Hands on experience with deploying and administering MySQL databases
- Hands on experience with opens source monitoring tools including; Nagios and Ganglia
- Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume)
- Scripting experience including BASH, PHP, PERL, Java script and UNIX Shell.
- Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, and server hardening (security).
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
- Strong network background with a good understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls and DNS
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- You are passionate about the craft of writing software
- Hacker mentality
- Must be able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- B.S. or higher in Computer science or equivalent years of experience in systems administration.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs