WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DreamHost is looking for a Cloud Engineer for our DreamCompute team. The ideal candidate has contributed to Openstack, specifically Cinder, Keystone, Nova or Neutron. They will also bring high-level Python skills, a specific interest in storage, and ideally some working exposure to Ceph.
- Be a significant contributor on our Cloud team helping build our DreamCompute platform.
- Exhibit a strong passion for developing cloud scale software.
- Strong ability to influence stakeholders, including internal customers and open source community members, and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- 6+ years developing applications on Linux operating system environments.
- 3+ years of hands-on networking experience including functional knowledge of HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP and related networking protocols and technologies.
- Strong familiarity with SSH, HTTP, DNS, and a wide-variety of networking protocols.
- Solid, functional understanding of client/server fundamentals.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Jira or similar defect-tracking systems.
- Experience with source control systems (git/svn).
- Linux operating system/application development desirable.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Expert knowledge in Python. Perl a plus.
- Experience with virtualization, preferably KVM.
- Experience with hosting companies is a plus.
- Prior contribution and community interaction with OpenStack and other open source projects.
- Experience in large scale environments heavily using Python.
- A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master’s degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
Anywhere , United States
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.