WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
We’re looking for a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer that has previous experience supporting internet fronted infrastructure with Amazon Web Services. You’ll love building and running large-scale web production systems. You get excited about troubleshooting problems as well as improving the reliability of systems.
For this position we’re after someone in the United States so we can better cover business hours across the Atlantic since almost half our customers are located in North America. We don’t have an office in the United States at this stage and so this is a telecommuting role. Ideally you’d be in the Central or perhaps Eastern time zone to enable some overlap at end of our working day in the UK.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and services to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Automate deployment and fail-over of our systems
- Implement monitoring and metrics to alert the operations team to issues
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network
- Implement robust security measures for all infrastructure components including monitoring and responding to attacks on our systems
- Document current and future procedures, configuration and policies
- Monitor and plan for capacity upgrades
- Take part in a 24x7 oncall rotation
- Strong Linux/Unix/BSD background
- Experience running infrastructure within Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Apache or Nginx
- Automation experience with tools such as Chef or Puppet and strong scripting skills in Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience deploying and managing MySQL databases
- Experience with Java based app servers including garbage collection tuning
- Experience with distributed caches such as Redis or Memcached
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.