WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Who We Are
Our mission is to make a positive impact on the world by creating a more efficient, more predictable future for farming. We believe that data and technology can empower growers to be more successful and that great user experience will help lead them to better decisions for their farm. Our focus is on building a next-generation crop marketing platform that combines risk management with efficient, data driven transactions.
Who You Are
You’re smart, capable, and you focus on getting things done. You get a thrill out of building things from scratch, but you also enjoy improving existing systems. You like being able to take ownership over your work and the start-up environment where the future is unknown and full of opportunity. You value feedback from other smart people and working collaboratively with a small team to accomplish big things. You write clean and testable code, you don’t overcomplicate things, and you know how to choose the right tool for the problem you’re trying to solve.
About the Role
As a full stack contributor on the engineering team you’ll be working on all aspects of the FarmLogs platform. From building backend API’s in Python to frontend development with React/GraphQL and everything in between.
Tasks You'll Be Juggling
- Understand business requirements, work with other team members and develop solid engineering solutions
- Implementing features from inception to deployment
- Maintaining and improving functionality on an ongoing basis
- Reviewing code for your peers and providing feedback
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other engineers
- Adept at identifying pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated ability to write clean and testable code
- Ability to dissect complex technical challenges and quickly deliver reliable solutions
- Interested in presenting data in a useful way and deriving new information from it
- Effective and efficient communication at all levels of technical detail. Negotiating scope and estimating time commitments is a major part of the job
Nice to have:
- Previous work experience at a startup
- Experience with AWS infrastructure, Kubernetes, GraphQL
- Knowledge and passion for the agriculture industry
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Must be located in U.S.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs