KISSmetrics is a customer intelligence platform that helps software as a service, e-commerce, mobile, and social businesses make smarter decisions using person-based data. Our mission is to help businesses delight their customers.
We're currently tracking billions of activities per month. Everyone in our engineering team helps solve interesting problems with scaling, data science, visualization, API architecture, and delivering insights.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking to hire a talented and flexible Operations Engineer to help build and maintain the infrastructure behind KISSmetrics' services.
The nature of this position is broad, but the highlights are:
- Debugging, Triaging, and Resolving issues in production, staging, and development environments
- Building Configuration Managed environments for new applications and services
- Chauffeuring legacy applications into the world of Configuration Management
- Implementing services and integrations for Monitoring and Alerting in distributed systems
- Analyzing and Improving existing systems and software
- Engagement in the design and implementation of processes and platform specifications
- Developing and Contributing to internal---as well as---open source codebases
- Work in an on-call rotation for production incidents
Some of the tools our Operations team is currently using:
- Salt and Ansible for Configuration Mangement
- Python, Ruby, and Go for Infrastructure tooling and services
- Fedora and CentOS distributions of Linux
- RPM, Python, and Ruby software packaging
- Collectd, riemann, and Graphite for metrics collection and analysis
- PagerDuty and good old fashioned email for alerting
- Nagios for monitoring and alerting (attempting to sunset)
- Vagrant for local development and testing of infrastructure.
Some general qualities and skills we'd love to see:
- Strong preference and tendency towards command line and shell tools over GUI
- Ability to "go deep" reading and analyzing a codebase
- Depth and rigor in research and implementation of a solution
- Autonomy and the ability to appropriately prioritize tasks
- Communication strengths both internal and external during and after incidents
WE FULLY EMBRACE WORKING REMOTELY
Most of the team works remotely and everyone has the option of working remotely or from our Headquarters in San Francisco (snacks, nap room, video game room, and a puppy included at HQ!).
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE.
We have multiple opportunities available. If you're interested but not sure where you fit, introduce yourself and send us a link to something you're proud of. We'd love to meet you.